Streamlining Operations by Increasing Industrial Container Visibility Case Study
Cover your assets by uncovering their whereabouts.
A leading waste and recycling collector in North Dakota had begun growing quickly, and their manual systems for tracking industrial containers (a main source of revenue) was significantly slowing operations. To build a more efficient, streamlined operation while maintaining their high standards of customer service, the company looked to digitize their process and gain business intelligence to help them improve customer satisfaction.
Vision® Industrial Container Tracking application will generate a total annual savings of $118K and a cumulative savings of $592K over five years.
- Optimized driver routing, saving $94K annually
- Utilized service verification to generate $9K, an additional annual revenue
- Improved internal communication and streamlined container pick-ups
- Created a foundation for scaling industrial container service
- Enabled the company to track inactive containers, saving $30K
- Increased pulls per week (6-7), resulting in $31K of additional annual profit
In Additional Revenue
Utilizing Service Verification
Additional Annual Profit
Tracking Inactive Containers
- Asset inventory is labor intensive
- Wasted time not selling more commercial container accounts
- Heavy communication required for container tracking
- Lacked inventory visibility/location
- Rapid customer growth increased difficulty of tracking
- Using Rehrig Pacific’s Vision® technology, 400 containers (20 yds, 30 yds & 40 yds) were tagged in tandem, with 95% completed in one week
- Company purchased tablets with ruggedized covers and truck mounts
- Five-day implementation included training drivers and dispatch in ICT app